By giving tips on formatting and styling your cover letter, I assume you’ll definitely know about the basic of writing cover letter. Well, formatting is very much important, if you want to make your resume stand out. So, let’s look into the guidelines;
- Rather than starting it with “To Whom It May Concern”, make it employer/company specific.
- Start your cover letter with a strong sentence, i.e. it can be a pitch.
- Do mention your skills/qualifications/abilities that best match the job description in bold and underlined. After all you need to highlight that how you’re the best match for the post.
- Do refer to the job ad and highlight that you’ve understood the details well.
- Do offer to follow up with them and do accordingly!
- For electronic letters, must attach your resume and make sure any links to professional samples you include work.
- And must proof read your cover letter!
Apply the points on your cover letter and you will find the difference for sure!