Too many of the candidates commit a mistake of not researching about the employer before appearing in the interview which of course leads to a failure. It’s very much important to know about the organization where you intend to work and going to get through the screening process. It’s not important just because employer may ask you what you know about them but in fact your over all interview depends on it. Following are some of the reasons for getting to know about the organization:
- It gives an overview about the culture of the company and you can easily decide whether or not to work in a particular company.
- It gives you an insight of company products/projects and so you can better answer the project related questions.
- Knowing about the company projects also leads you towards exploring market and competition, so in case if there’s a question ‘how can you contribute for the success’, you can answer easily.
- Knowing about company’s goals and vision can help you answer queries like ‘where do you see yourself in next few years’.
How to know about a company before appearing in an interview:
Since, it’s internet age and almost every good organization has online presence, other than their own website there are various other portals from where you can get a quick overview of the company. Let’s see where and how to start:
- If you’ve applied for a job through a job portal like Rozee.pk, Mustakbil.com etc, the company must have profile there, do check it out.
- Look for company’s official website, simply search using company name in Google. In case no website is found try adding city name with the company name and it will show some refined results.
- Log on to LinkedIn and search the company there; you may search for company or people in that particular company too. On LinkedIn you can find details like company size, people working in it and areas of operation etc.
- Some companies maintain Facebook pages too, to promote the organizational culture, so look there too and you can get an inside picture of what and how they do stuff!
Do consider the points above and interview success rate will definitely go high!