Email Marketing Specialist Job Description & Required Skills
We are living in a world where life is too much sped up and to meet this speed, businesses are in constant effort to discover new opportunities. It won’t be wrong to say that some of today’s highest paying jobs didn’t exist ten years ago. So, there’s no doubt that in five years there will be some highly paying jobs about which we do not know anything today!
Email Marketing Specialist is one such job, that was nowhere 10 years ago and even 5 years back the job didn’t require an expert to execute it and just anyone of the marketing guy could have done the job.
But, as there are more businesses incorporated every day, they need each and every task to be executed by experts for better performance and increased revenues. Let it be startup email marketing, or email marketing for an established business, only an expert can help the business move to the next level. And for an expert email marketer, it’s crucial to have sound knowledge, hands on experience in using the email marketing tools for startups, and the skills above all.
Effective email marketing requires someone who have exceptional abilities to use statistical analysis and reports to create campaigns and ensure marketing message is conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects.
Email Marketing Specialist Job Description Includes:
- Being responsible for creating email marketing campaigns to promote a product or service.
- Determining target audience, devises campaign, and launches email campaign to create buzz or generate leads for the business.
- Create email marketing campaigns to promote products or services.
- Ensure messages are sent in proper form and template.
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling.
- Include specific graphics, incentives, and detailed descriptions.
- Review messages for brevity.
- Send messages to those who have opted in for messages.
- Ensure messages are mobile-friendly.
- Track and analyze direct and interactive marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases.
- Develop and code the list segmentation for all direct and interactive marketing campaigns and communicate requirements to the primary database vendor.
- Create database of emails for lead generation.
- Follow up on interested respondents.
Skills Required for the Job of Email Marketing Specialist
- Command over the preferred language.
- Be able to write exceptional sales copies.
- Good know how of using visual editors to create images for the mails.
- Being able to develop a personalization strategy.
- Be good at statistics and analytics.